Secure Online Application
We are so glad that you have chosen the Central Okanagan for your study abroad experience. Seats in Central Okanagan Public Schools' International Program are limited do applying early is recommenced. Please note that students intending to graduate in BC should plan on a 2 year or 2+ year program. Central Okanagan Public Schools processes applications using our secure online application system. Incomplete or unpaid applications will not be processed. Online applications will be processed more quickly.
Before you begin
Before you begin the online application process, please make sure you have collected all the necessary documents. You will need:
Applicants name, grade, birthday, email address, cell phone
- Parent(s) names, birth date, contact information, home address
- Copy of student passport, immunization records, transcripts/report card
- Photo of student
- Letter of Recommendation
- Student letter of intent
- Student profile information
- Legal agreement (Signed by the student, parent(s), witness or consultatnt) Download here - Legal Consent.pdf, Scanned as a PDF or JPEG file only.
Download here - Legal Consent.pdf, have it signed in ink, and scanned as a PDF or JPEG file only.
Requested additional information to add to application:
- Student's hobbies and interests
- Student's required courses
- Student's preferences for homestay
- Other pertinent student information
Other optional documents
- Photo albums: We encourage students to compile a photo album for our homestay placement process. Please scan the entire album as one document.
- Other documents: If you have another document pertinent to admission, such as a student interview form, please submit it as a single document.
The application fee is $200 CAD and is nonrefundable. We will accept payment using the multiple options provided by Flywire, or by wire transfer, direct deposit, or bank draft payable to Central Okanagan International Education. If you are paying by bank draft, your application will not be processed until the bank draft has cleared.
- Passport photo page. Please scan the passport photo page of the applicant's passport, if they have a passport already. This allows us to double-check the applicant's information to ensure that all correspondence is correct.
- Letter of Recommendation. Please have a teacher, school counselor, or Headmaster/Principal write a letter of recommendation for the applicant. This letter should be on school letterhead and identify the student and their strong points.
- Student's letter of intent. This letter is written by the student explaining their desire to come to Canada and study in Central Okanagan Public Schools. It should outline their past studies, their interests and hobbies, and their future goals. If this letter is longer than one page, make sure you scan all pages as a single document.
- Immunization records. Please scan as a single document all immunization records relevant to the students medical history. If this letter is longer than one page, make sure you scan all pages as a single document.
- Custodian document. If the applicant will not be part of our homestay program, or if they choose not to use our free custodianship service, they must assign a custodian. This custodian must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, over 25 years old, and must live full time in the Central Okanagan area.
- Photo albums. We encourage students to compile a photo album for our homestay placement process. Please scan the entire album as one document.
- Other documents. If you have another document pertinent to admission, such as a student interview form, please submit it as a single document.