How to Submit a Claim to Study Insured
Claims under $500
If your claim is under $500, you may not need to submit a claim form. You can just email email@example.com
In your email include the following;
- Full legal name
- Study Insured Policy number
- The reason for your medical care (ex. I was diagnosed with strep throat and needed antibiotics, I fell while ice skating and hurt my arm)
- Copies of your receipts, invoices, referrals (scan or photograph attached to email)
- Any other supporting medical documents that you were provided ex: medical notes, reports, etc. (scan or photograph attached to email)
- Full mailing address
- Request your reimbursement to be issued on a Sidekick Card (reloadable credit card)
Claims over $500 – Online
- Gather your documents - all medical notes, emergency/hospital reports, referrals, receipts and other paperwork provided during your medical visit. These documents will need to be scanned, or photographed
- Go to www.studyinsured.com/centralokanagan/en/onlineclaim
- Complete and sign Claim Form
- Upload your completed and signed claim form. Make sure to provide details as to why you needed medical care in Section D (ex. I had a neck injury after being hit in football practice, I had severe stomach pain)
- Upload other related medical documents
- Request your reimbursement to be issued on a Sidekick Card (reloadable credit card) directly on the claim form.
- Click : send
TIP! Consider calling Study Insured Assistance to help manage your claim submission. They can provide additional guidance and are available 24/7 at 1.866.883.9787.
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org; cc: email@example.com
After Submitting a Claim
If the claims department needs more information, they will ask you their questions via email. Please remember to check your email/junk folders often.
The SideKick Card is a reloadable credit card. Study Insured can reimburse a medical claim by loading a SideKick card. Once loaded, SideKick cards can be used all over the world at places that accept credit cards.
Link to SideKick website
Tip: If you need a sidekick card please ask your Homestay Coordinator
Tip: SideKick is the option you would choose if you do not have a bank account. If you have a Canadian bank account, your claim can be reimbursed via direct deposit (aka EFT). Provide a photo of a blank cheque or provide your bank's EFT form from if you would like a direct deposit.